Wednesday 13 February 2013

Codies Vehicle Project Dev 3

After pretty much cleaning up my model i was ready for unwrapping, these are the orthographic views on 3ds Max i created in case i wanted to paint over any variation in design or colour.

The problem i came across while unwrapping was, because there are many components to the tank and i used symmetry to create the other half of the tank, i still wanted to UVs to be separate so that i could texture variations on each side rather than symmetrical looking scratches. This left me with limited space on my UV template and you can see the results on my final product that areas that needed more detail actually look more blurry or less detailed than other parts. I could have used my space better in general but i will keep this in mind next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment